7 Weekend Getaways During Winter in Mumbai
Winters in Mumbai are the pleasant times of the year, punctuated by the cool breeze and making the weather ideal for outdoor time. In short, Mumbai has the best places to visit and spend some quality time on the weekend trip. There is a superb range of natural and historical spots in and around the city that will make your weekend trip memorable. If you are looking for the best weekend getaways ideas, read on.
- Elephanta Caves: If you are looking for the best winter getaways near Mumbai, the Elephanta caves must feature in this list. A UNESCO site, the rock-cut caves are accessible from South Mumbai. You can board the ferry from Gateway of India Apollo Bunder. Besides, the caves are elaborately adorned with breathtaking sculptures.
Pic Credits : https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/
- National Gallery of Modern Art: The modern art gallery is a treat for those frantically typing ‘winter weekend getaways near me’ on their smartphones. The gallery houses some of the magnificent artworks by painters and artists, and even mummies from Egypt for the visitors to enjoy the luxurious time.
- Humboldt Penguins: The seven penguins are residents at this park since 2017 and are a happy sight drawing thousands of tourists all year, especially in winter. If you are looking for a place to stay in hotels near Byculla, Mumbai, check out the Comfort Inn Heritage hotel.
- Kamala Nehru Park: Whether you are traveling with your family or with friends, the Kamala Nehru Park, with its famed “Jootaghar” is superb. Located in the posh South Bombay locality of Malabar Hills, the vicinity of the park has dense tree cover making the place a cool spot. Walk straight ahead and get a panoramic view of the scenic coast of the Mumbai city. It is quite accessible if you are staying at one of the hotels near Colaba Mumbai.
- Basilica of Our Lady of the Mount: Famous among the locals as the Mount Mary Church, the basilica is a famous landmark in Bandra. The church is among the most notable spots here, and the church draws people during September for its Bandra fair that follows the birthday of the Virgin Mary. The church is on top of a small hillock and offers beautiful views of the coast.
- Bandra Fort: The visitors to South Mumbai looking for some unique architectural spot must not miss the Bandra fort. This is one of the best weekend getaways if you are staying in South Mumbai. The Castella de Aguada or the Bandra fort lining the beach has featured in several Hindi movies.
- Worli Fort: Built by the British, this fort is also now in ruins and gives a majestic view of the Arabian sea. The fort was built to keep an eye over the sea for any oncoming pirate vessels back in those days.
While visiting and traveling through Mumbai for the weekend break, stay at the Comfort Inn Heritage, the best among the 4-star hotels near Marine drive Mumbai. With all the necessary amenities, this hotel is fetching some excellent reviews from guests.